Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic Shaver System
- Innovative pulsonic technology. 10,000 micro vibrations help capture more hair
- 3 personalization modes for a more individual shave.
- Fully flexible shaving system for maximum facial adaptability.
- Activelift captures flat-lying hair in problem areas for a smooth and precise shave.
- Optifoil - for the closest braun shave ever.
About 5 years ago I upgraded from a Braun 5 series to a Braun 7 series. The pulsonic microvibrations seemed like overkill at the time but I got used to them after about a week. Two weeks ago I needed to replace my 7 series and went back to a 5 series (565) because of price. Boy did I miss the microvibrations then! The 565 acted like its battery was dying when it is put under the load of my one-day-old whiskers. I had to move the shaver so slowly across my face or it felt like it was pulling the hair rather than shaving. I ended up with a very close shave which made me happy but at almost 3X the length of time as my 7 series. I was able to return it and purchased this series 7 and have been very happy with it. This is what I expect from a quality Braun shaver and it did not disappoint.
Panasonic ES8243A Men's 4-Blade (Arc 4) Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Nanotech Blades, Blue
- Men's arc wet/dry washable shaver
- 4-blade shaver (4-outer and 2-inner blades)
- Turbo cleaning mode
- Stainless steel foil
The best of the many recent wiz bang models I tried. The 4 blade thing really does cut faster and closer. And I don't bother with all the prep work of lotion. No razor burn. Clean it dry for 2 or 3 shaves and then a soapy rinse under water gets any buildup. But using soap and water will dull the blades faster.
Much lighter than the older inductively charged shavers.
4 blade foil cuts more and easier.
Holds its charge for many days.
Charges before I leave for work.
Won't work while charging.
Charging without a stand.(but there are more expensive models that do this.)
Cost of replacement blades and foils are high.
Panasonic ES-LA63-S Men's 4-Blade (Arc 4) Multi-Flex Dual-Motor Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Nanotech Blades
- 4-Blade Cutting system with 30 Degree Nano Blades for a clean wet or dry shaving experience
- 14,000 CPM fast Linear Motor Drive system, with a Multi-Flex Pivoting Head; 1-Hour charge for up to 45 minutes of usage
- Multi-ft Arc Foil and a Ultra-thin Outer Foil; Pop-up trimmer, blue 1-stage LCD display
- Sonic Vibration Cleaning mode, Lock button to prevent unit from going on
- Travel Pouch included; 6.5"(H) x 2.7" (W) x 2.2" (D), 7.1oz
Three years ago I purchased a Braun 7000 razor which considering the price, has been pretty disappointing. It didn't shave any closer or more comfortably than a Norelco which I had used for years (updating every couple of years). When the Braun's blades needed replacement and the chrome finish started to peel off, I began looking around for something better. The reviews on the Panasonic indicated that it was superior to Braun at about half the price. So I gave it a shot. It has indeed been superior to the Braun in every way. And I don't have to buy cleaning solution every couple of months at a steep price. (Considering it's only denatured alcohol.)
If you have the double whammy.....tough beard and sensitive skin, give this one a try.
Braun 3Series 340S-4 Wet & Dry Shaver
- Improved Triple Action FreeFloat System effortlessly grooms 3-day beards
- New SensoFoil technology brings you for a more efficient close shave
- Offers 30% less skin irritation than rotary systems with built-in skin conditioners
- Can be used in the shower and with shaving foams and gels
- New sensofoil for a more efficient close shave
Always bought norelco shavers. When my old norelco died I bought a senco touch 2D wet and dry. Just didn't do the job. So purchased the Braun 340s wet and dry shaver. What a world of difference. Braun is superior to the norelco. I'm a Braun person now. Of course no electric shaver will get as close as a blade, but how often do you need to shave so close you face feels like a baby's butt? As electric goes I'd say the Braun 340s is as good as it gets. I'm fair skinned and beard is not that heavy. Can't speak for those hairy dudes with the heavy beards. I'm happy.
Remington MS2-390 Microscreen Rechargeable/Corded Men's Shaver
- 2 titanium microscreens with ComforTech contour technology
- 3 position pop-up trimmer for precise trimming and hard to cut hairs
- Rechargeable and corded plus 1 Hour Quick Charge
- Comes with a deluxe travel pouch and a cleaning brush
I have used Remington electric razors since 1953. When the screens wore out, or the rechargebles quit after plenty years of use, I wasted money buying other brands because they were cheap; e.g. 2 TV advertised rotary shavers for the price of one.
I did love my old Remington with it's 4 heads. So fast a shave. This may not be as fast, but certainly shaves as close, and no blade razor(Gillett is best) shaves closer. Sure less painful too when applying the aftershave.
Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc 5 Multi Flex Wet/Dry Nanotech Rechargeable Shaver with Vortex Cleaning System, Black
- 5-blade cutting system with 30 degree nano blades for a clean wet or dry shaving experience
- 14,000 cpm fast linear motor drive system, with a multi-flex pivoting head; 1-hour charge
- Quick lift arc foil and a ultra-thin outer foil; pop-up trimmer; blue lcd display
- Automatic cleaning and charging system; lock button to prevent unit from going on
- Travel pouch included; 6.3 inches(h) x 2.8 inches (w) x 2 inches (d), 7.1 ounce
I've tried several high-end shavers in the past, most recently Braun, and they always had trouble with the thickness of my hair. I don't want a beard so I shave every day (if I have time). To get a close shave with other shavers required over 20 minutes and would cause redness and irritation. I decided to try this mack-daddy and it really does the job. It is very smooth, not too loud, but most importantly it goes through the beard without much trouble. I keep my skin wet while shaving and I think that does a lot to prevent irritation. The shave is a lot quicker and it's just easier. I don't really have to hold my skin in funny positions to get a clean cut. It does the job and I've just been cleaning it with soap and water and letting it dry, so I haven't had to deal with the expense of refill cartridges. I would recommend this shaver to anyone with a heavy beard. I'm very pleased with this purchase!
Wahl 7367-500 Custom Shave System Multi-Head Shaver with Bonus Personal Trimmer
- Shaver has three different heads allowing for three different closeness settings
- Pop-up trimmer for sideburns
- Charger and charging stand, as well as travel pouch included
- Bonus dual-head trimmer included
- 2-year warranty
Here are the facts regarding this product. I have owned 2 of them in the past 11 years and have just ordered the third. They are more effective, less irritating and closer than any other brand of razor I have used in the past. At under $50 they are an astonishing bargain despite the plasticky appearence many others here have commented on. This price is compared to- for example, the $220 price tag I saw on a Norelco shaver earlier in the week. Even if they were sloghtly less durable (and my expereince says they aren't) I could buy five of them before I reached the price of the Norelco.
Finally, I like the fact that these are still made in the USA. Given the absurd number of formerly American products now being banged out by slave labor in China, I am heartened that Wahl has not bowed to the pressure and is still paying American workers to make these. Frankly, the only way that is likely to continue is if the company sells shavers. So, I am buying one.
Remington FR-730 Pivot and Flex Men's Rechargeable Shaver with Two Flexing Foils and Intercept Trimmer
- Two surgincal steel foils with intercept trimmer adjusting comfortably to your face, while providing maximum closeness
- The neck features full-flex technology, and pivots freely from front to back, up and down, and side to side for a premium shave
- Front foil has an innovative multi-pattern design that cuts in six different directional patterns, which allows maximum cutting to hairs growing in all directions
- Features an LED battery gauge with a battery that charges in 60 minutes for over 10 days of shaving
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
I have just purchased the Remington 730 shaver but it has not arrived yet. I have not had a chance to review the performance.
However, the Cyber Monday deal which is going on as I am typing, has the Remington FR-730 model with 2 blades for about $54. However, you can get next higher model CHEAPER. The FR-750 model is the same shaver, but has THREE(3) blades instead of TWO.
On checkout for the 750, select the coupon option and your price is reduced to
under $50 for a higher model. The coupon gives you a $25 discount. You save about $3 to $4 dollars by buying the 750.
Why purchase the 730 when you can get the FR-750 cheaper? The 730 was listed at a higher price than the 750 from the beginning. That is like a 335i BMW with more options being cheaper than a 325i.
If someone could post the reason why the 750 is cheaper than the 730 please let me know. Post your opinion on Amazon.
The link to the FR-750:
Braun Series 3-390cc Men's Shaving System
- Smart Foil - Unique foil pattern captures hair growing in different directions.
- Clean & Renew System - Cleans the shaver head in alcohol for optimal hygiene.
- Washable under running water for easy cleaning.
- Independently floating shaving elements provide unprecedented adaptability
Recently, my husband's 4 y/o Braun 360 bit the dust. After researching and reading other opinions, I chose the Braun 390 for my husband. HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT!!! He said that it is much better than the Braun 360 especially with being able to raise up the shaver to get around close areas. (I guess I translated that right!) Normally I don't give my written opinions, but since I personally consider other opinions, I felt like I should tell you how much my husband loves this one! I hope it will last him four years and we only paid $104 for it! Oh, I should tell you that my husband is a 54-year old man, who grows facial hair fast and has sensitive skin. And one more thing, as I ramble on, my husband also loves the fact that he can rinse the blade under the water and continue to shave. He told me three times this weekend how much he loves his new razor. That's it!
Panasonic ES4026NC Pro Curve Rechargeable Double Blade Wet/Dry Men's Shaver
- Independent floating double heads follow facial contours to provide a clean, close shave
- Inner blades are precisely angled to firmly shear off your beard closely and comfortably
- Pop-up trimmer grooms your moustache or sideburns
- Comfortable non-slip grip for sure handling even when wet
- Shave wet with lather or dry
I needed a new electric razor and while searching for one in Amazon, I came across the Panasonic ES4026NC Pro Curve Rechargeable Double Blade Wet/Dry Men's Shaver and while the low price made me hesitate, I figured that I had little to lose if I wasn't happy. To my surprise I found this to be the very best electric razor I have ever owned--and I have owned many in my 81 years. This Panasonic Razor does a excellent shaving job, is very easy to use and to clean, and also is very quiet running. Obviously I am very very happy with my purchase and I recommend it to every one who needs a new electric razor! You will not be disappointed!