Diablo III: Standard Edition
- Five new character classes, including the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo's past, like the powerful Barbarian
- Experience a new approach to in-game health as the previous reliance on mana and potions is appended by resource types unique to each class, as well as health globes
- In single player quests utilize up to three AI followers, from three different classes who can be equiped with basic items and leveled up
- Sell unique items found within the game for in-game gold or real money via online Auction House functionality
- The new Rune System in which skills and abilities are now automatically unlocked as you level
- 1-on-1' dueling system coming into play.
- The Barbarians will have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal based on the use of their incredible physical prowess.
- The Witch Doctor is a new character reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer
I've been playing this game for about 24 hours now and I have to say I'm somewhat hooked on the game. There are some things about the game that are different compared to Diablo 2. Who am I to judge, this is Diablo 3 after all. Some things that were taken out are the scroll of town portal and identify. Also, the player no longer has the ability to assign points to their characters attributes, its done automatically. The gameplay is overall the same but the player now has the ability to use different types of abilities during the game compared to before where the only ability you had was assigned to the right mouse button. I haven't explored multiplayer yet but I will probably do so some time in the future. For most people, this game probably won't be a good buy. But if you are a Diablo fan and want to see how the story continues, get the game.
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
- A New Playable Race: the Pandaren - Play as the noble and enigmatic Pandaren, a new race available to both Horde and Alliance players, and discover the secrets of their ancient and mystical homeland Pandaria.
- Master the Path of the Monk - Learn the mystic powers of the Monk, World of Warcraft's newest playable class. Destroy foes with the Windwalker's devastating attacks, replenish allies with the Mistweaver's spiritual energies, and shrug off enormous damage with the Brewmaster's unyielding strength.
- Battle to Level 90 - Ascend to new heights of power as you explore the verdant reaches of the Jade Forest, war with the terrible Yaungol on Kun-Lai Summit, and unlock the secrets of the Mogu'shan Vaults.
- Challenge Modes - Master the new Challenge Mode, compare best times with your friends, and gain amazing rewards for your character.
- Pet Battle System - Level up your vanity pets, teach them new abilities, and challenge your friends to friendly pet battles.
- New Instanced Adventures - Join forces with your fellow heroes and embark on epic scenarios that will challenge you like never before.
- Talent Calculator - Customize your character with the new and improved talent system.
I was very critical at first when the details of the expansion came out but after playing it for a while and exploring about half of Pandaria I can say its a great expansion. Except the Brewery dungon which is super lane the rest is excellent and very well done. Blizzard removed most of the useless stuff from the talent trees and made them so much better adding new and improved spells and new abilities at level 90, amazing new sha bosses, beautiful new lands, tons of new mounts and quests many awesome new monsters, new abilities and recipes for all professions, tons of awesome gear stat wise and tons of interesting quest. Over all very well done, although I won't be leveling a pandarian I will enjoy bringing my 85 toons through pandaria time and time again. Very happy.
- Improvise and Innovate: Approach each assassination with your own style of play
- Use shadow and sound to your advantage to make your way silently through levels unseen by foes, or attack enemies head-on as they respond to your aggressiveness.
- Action with Meaning: The world of Dishonored reacts to how you play. Move like a ghost and resist corruption, or show no mercy and leave a path of destruction in your wake. Decide your approach for each mission, and the outcomes will change as a result.
- Supernatural Abilities: Combining your suite of supernatural abilities and weapons opens up even more ways to overcome obstacles and eliminate targets. The game's upgrade system allows for the mastery of deadly new abilities and devious gadgets.
- A City Unlike Any Other: Enter an original world envisioned by Half-Life 2 art director Viktor Antonov. Arkane and Bethesda bring you a world where industry and mysticism collide, creating an atmosphere thick with intrigue. The world is yours to discover.
Finally, a video game that can be played by all styles of gamers. Whether you are a fan of the slash and shoot your way through games, or a lover of the classic adventure games such as Myst and Longest Journey, you can enjoy this game. The game will adjust itself to your style. Because the game can be played in different styles, resulting in different outcomes, it is possible to enjoy the game multiple times. For many, the ultimate and most challenging is to play a zero kill game. All this is played against a rich background in which you are rewarded by surprises, especially when you take the time to explore. Make sure to look up, down, and all around you. Talk as much as possible to characters you encounter. And, save frequently!
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- An all-new Call of Duty - Black Ops storyline featuring new characters and returning characters
- Unique single-player campaign that contains two time periods linked by characters and their actions
- Special Strike Force missions, in which the players action affect the outcome of gameplay and the overall campaign
- Variety of multiplayer modes and play options
This game surpassed all of the action and excitement in Black Ops I. The story line isn't unique, but it still holds your interest. The game play is great, with a large variety of weapons and platforms. My only critique is that there were too many lengthy cut scenes and flash backs and not enough sustained action, especially during the first half of the main story. Overall, this is one of the few games that, in my view, is worth the opening day price.
Assassin's Creed III
- As a Native American assassin, eliminate your enemies with guns, bows, tomahawks, and more!
- From bustling city streets to the chaotic battlefields, play a critical role in the most legendary events of the American Revolution including the Battle of Bunker Hill and Great Fire of New York.
- Experience the truth behind the most gruesome war in history: the American Revolution.
- Introducing the Anvil Next game engine, the stunning new technology that will revolutionize gaming with powerful graphics, lifelike animations, immersive combat, and advanced physics.
People are not making fair choices for rating the game 1 star because they can't run the game! You need to read the system requirements and see if your computer matches with the requirements before you buy the game! First of all this game is so amazing and awesome that I rate this game 9.5/10.
The game takes about 40 minutes to install including an update that is downloaded right after the main installation is processed. Then the game runs like water if you have a good computer.
My computer has Intel g630 2.7 Ghz and a Nvidia GTX 550 TI. The single player runs at 45-60 fps and the multiplayer runs at 60-70 frames in default graphics settings. It seems that the single player takes more power then the muliplayer.
And finally I must say this is a MUST BUY GAME!
Guild Wars 2
- Guild Wars 2 provides a massive, online persistent world.
- Free online play. No monthly fee.
- Players have the freedom to play together even if their friends are at a much higher (or lower) level.
- Players will be able to engage in organized, balanced PvP (similar to GvG in the original Guild Wars) without needing to first level up characters, find equipment, or unlock skills.
- You will be able to advance your character to the maximum level without ever joining a group if you so desire.
This is an easygoing game. You drop in, do some quests, explore and what not. Then you log out. It's not hardcore, at least not how I play it. I have 1, possibly 2 hours a night to play, and I love that I don't have to pay a subscription fee, should real life pop up, and I'm not able to log on for a while. The graphics are pretty, the game is responsive, and combat is interesting with the dodge mechanic. The quest mechanics are different from the rigid: Get 10 item x quests that were in previous games, and I LOVE that.
For me, a very casual player, this game is great.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Define Your Star Wars Saga - Choose from one of eight iconic roles
- Choose the Light or Dark Side - Meaningful choices throughout your journey will determine the light or dark side
- Adventure with Companions - Build or break meaningful relationships with your companions
- Engage in Heroic Star Wars Combat - Fight against reactive enemies battles
- Pilot Your Personal Starship - Earn your own ship which is your base of operations
- An interactive storyline with cinematic dialogue and full voiceover for all in-game characters
- Discover a Fully Featured MMO and much more
I usually play mostly rpgs, but I decided to try this game on account that I played both knights of the old republic one and two respectively. So based upon that, I really enjoyed playing this game. It had rpg elements for those who like rpgs, but it also has a solid base in MMOs with pvps and group quests (known as flashpoints). Replay value wise, I would say is high because all the variety of classes are interconnected in one way or another. For example, a companion on the Republic side might known someone the player meets on the Imperial side and vice versa. I would personally suggest you wait for it to go free to play this fall if you are hesitant about it, but if you are one of the people who had hoped for Knights of the Old republic 3 or just looking for a new game, I'd say get it now. At least you get 30 days free. In the end I'd say not to listen to the naysayers, for the price if you hate it your'e not out a lot of money and if you love it, you got it for a steal.
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the game play and technology of a virtual world to new heights
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling
- Skyrim's new game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities; the new character system allows you to play any way you want
- Requires internet connection and free steam account to activate
This is an awesome game! Get a computer that can handle the graphics and you will enter a world of fantasy with remarkable graphics, great characters and challenging quests. The mouse and keyboard moves are easy to execute. The music is mood setting. Steam is no problem and allows fast recall and setting games. Saving multiple games is necessary to get yourself out of many death situations, so that you can return when you are stronger. The quests are well marked to assist your search. Overall, a wonderful way to spend a few hours.
- Engage in all-out warfare with award-winning multiplayer, intense co-op, and thrilling single-player missions.
- Get all 5 expansion packs including 20 new maps, 20 new weapons, 10 new vehicles, and 4 new game modes.
- Ultimate vehicle warfare returns with Battlefield's signature vehicle warfare experience, including damaged vehicles that can retreat or be defended until they automatically regain armor.
- A whole new level of destruction awaits as Frostbite 2 lets you chip away at cover, blow holes in walls, deform the terrain, and bring down entire building fa�ades on enemies.
- Get a head start online with 15 advanced weapons plus gadgets, vehicle upgrades, and more.
- Never go into battle alone thanks to the powerful new community and social features of Battlelog.
This deal is great, I cant believe this package is actually cheaper than just plain battlefield 3. As of 11/26/12 it allows access to four dlc which are around 15 dollars a piece so you are defiantly getting your moneys worth. Plus this is an amazing game, it looks absolutely stunning. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who wants a great shooter.
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game
- Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game
- Improved story integration which finds you left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption
- An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons
- In addition to the new gun system, players lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
I played through the first Borderlands may times, of course the second and third play throughs always give me a tougher challenge, but when I installed Borderlands 2, I was in for a surprise. The second game of this series gave me so much more to love. It was fun, witty, and the game play was much better than the first. I loved how they used the characters from the first game in the second, and brought the story line around to the next stage as it should have been.
One challenge I found tho, there are a few missions that glitch out and cannot be finished. Namely the Slaughter house series and a few others. Otherwise, I have had hundreds of hours in gameplay and still find it facinating. The characters are very original, and I love the fact that the door was left open for more in the borderlands series to come. All in all, I say this games originality and well thought out game play and graphics make this a must on the lists of games to play. As far as my recommendation goes, pick it up, and you won't be dissatisfied.