Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person Tent
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Two funnel-flow vents help improve air flow and temperature management
Needed to upgrade to a tent that you can stand up in. Came across a reference to this tent in reading a customer review of another brand of tent. Other tents I looked at at a number of sporting goods stores looked and felt cheap. This tent came as advertised - sturdy, substantial, quality zippered doors and windows, one man setup, plenty of room. Although it is not light, the poles and stakes are in a separate bag from the tent, so it is not a problem carrying the tent. The tent bag alone is reason enough to upgrade to the deluxe model - no stuffing required. I highly recommend it.
Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent
- Sleeps 8, with a footprint of 15 by 12 feet with a 72-inch center height
- Fully screened front porch keeps the bugs out
- 4 large windows for maximum ventilation
- Designed for easy set-up
- Weathered system is guaranteed to keep you dry
I haven't got to put the tent through all it's paces yet but here's what I have so far. As noted by others, set up was easy, just like any other dome tent. The poles set up with a combination of sleeves and fast setup clips that's a breeze for two and do-able with one. It rained the whole weekend on this maiden trip so I really didn't get a chance to try the screen porch. It got wet out there but, setting close enough to the tent wall, some of the items stayed dry. The tent didn't leak a drop and stood up to some 20 - 30 mph winds. The zipper door from tent to screen was easy and we used it many times. The screen porch zipper was fine and has one zipper down the middle so you can get in and out without undoing the whole thing and keeping bugs out. I need to try it out in other weather and more expeditions but so far I thought it was a great product at a great price.
Eureka! Sunrise 11 - Tent
- Spacious square, dome-style tent sleeps up to six (11 by 11 floor; 121 square foot area)
- Heavy duty bathtub floor made of 4-ounce 210D oxford polyester
- Multicoated StormShield polyester fly won't stretch when wet and resists UV breakdown
- Includes corner organizer, wall organizer with mirror, two water bottle pockets
- Center height of 84 inches; weighs 23 pounds, 15 ounces
I never write reviews but I felt compelled to do so about this tent. The wife & I went to Vermont last weekend. This tent was easy to set up only took about 15 minutes and that was our 1st time ever pitching a tent. The tent itself is made very well, I could tell compared to dome of the other peoples tent ours looked much better not only in design but quality. The windows on all 4 sides allowed for great ventilation and you can zip them up if you get cold. It rained one night and the inside was as dry as the desert. No need for seam fix or anything like that. We had a queen size air mattress on one side and there was still plenty of room for another couple on the other side of tent. Overall I'm very happy with this tent and was glad I did some research 1st and it paid off.. Thanks Eureka!!!
Coleman Instant 6 Person Tent
- Six-person tent can be set up or taken down in under one minute thanks to innovative one-piece design
- Poles are pre-attached to tent, eliminating assembly time and risk of lost parts; simply unfold tent, spread out fabric, extend poles, click, and lock
- Generous ten-by-nine-foot (W x D) footprint creates enough floor space for two queen air mattresses; six-foot center height
- Proprietary WeatherTec System with series of interworking features guaranteed to keep you dry and comfortable
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty
This summer, I had to buy a smaller tent and I came across this one from this website. I've read some reviews and watched an online video to see how fast this tent really went up before making my purchase. I was very impressed and purchased one to go camping with some friends. The tent advertised was correct on how fast it took to put up and take down! It was spacious enough to fit the amount of people and has a nice ceiling perfectly for my height to stand up in. I highly recommend this tent for camping with family and/or friends!
Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Person Tent
- 4-person backpacking tent with 53.3 square feet of living space
- 18.8-square-foot vestibule for gear storage; mesh wall panels
- High-quality DAC press-fit poles and color-coded clip construction
- Internal storage pockets and gear loft loops; noiseless zipper pulls
- 55-inch peak height; footprint measures 96 x 80 inches
First off, kelty is a great company. craftsmanship of all the products i have from them are durable, light, and seem to have a great deal of thought into making them. I am in the military and some of the equipment that I have by them and use during deployments continuously gets abused and tested but so far has not failed.
this tent was a more recent purchase for recreation. aside from the poles, the tent itself is very small when packed and the complete set is very light so it is easy to move with. the front overhang is a good size for a bit of equipment but definitely not 4 packs. The setup and breakdown is very quick with one person and required no use of the instructions. the material is fairly durable so far and the zippers are smooth and noiseless. Like with all tents, the original stakes are flimsy and should be replaced on first use. also something note-worthy to me is that while the bottom is very strong(i throw my tent where i can instead of a flat and perfectly cleared off area) it is NOT that annoyingly loud tarp material.
I use it for just me but 2-3 adults with packs could be comfortably fit in it, I think for would be pushing it.
Coleman Montana 8 Tent
- 8 person/1 room tent , 16 x 7-Feet footprint, 74-Inch center height,11-millimeter fiberglass poles
- Modified dome structure, simple to set up, electrical access port and reverse angle windows
- Great for family car campers, scout leaders, extended camping trips and easy to transport
- 75-denier polyester taffeta fly, 68-denier polyester mesh inner tent, 1000-denier polyethylene floor
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty, made in China
We needed a bigger tent and this has filled the bill nicely. We used it all last summer every other weekend with very happy results. We have nice 4 day weekends and just now getting it back out for another run of long summer weekends at the beach! The door is a seriously nice feature I don't know if I could ever live without again. The size is great for a dbl tall queen air mattress at one end and all your gear if you like at the other, with tons of room left over. We have not run into much wind or rain yet but several of the reviews left us feeling confident that with a little care, snow seal and a proper ground cover that we will be fine. Let's face it all tents should be treated BEFORE taking off into the wild blue! The small awning in front which is part of the rain fly can easily fit two people in chairs under cover.
Wenzel Klondike 16 X 11-Feet Eight-Person Family Cabin Dome Tent
- 8-person family dome tent with attached screen room
- Made of weather-repellent polyester with polyurethane coating
- Full mesh roof option; double-staked Power corners for stability
- Screened area functions as sun room or second sleeping room
- Measures 16 x 6.5 x 11 feet (W x H x D); weighs 27.3 pounds
My wife and I love this tent. It's pretty easy to set up and take down and if I remember correctly there are even folding directions so you can fit it back in the bag right every time. Haven't had it in high winds or anything like that but I read all the other reviews before I bought it and it seems to be pretty sturdy. We love how it has the room in the front that opens up all the way. We use it as kind of a mud room/storage room unless someone else needs to stay with us and then it turns into a second sleeping area. Also I love how you can stand all the way up in it. I'm 5'9" and have no problem except in the front part.
Mountain Trails Grand Pass 18- by 10-Foot, 2-Room 9 to 10-Person Family Dome Tent
- Spacious dome tent that sleeps up to 10-Person
- Shock-corded fiberglass frame with pin-and-ring system for easy setup
- Large mesh roof vents and windows provide excellent ventilation
- 2 large D-style doors; patented hooped fly frame adds rain protection
- Stow 'n' Go duffel system; measures 18 x 6.3 x 10 feet (W x H x D)
This tent was exactly what it stated. All the reviews I read stated that the zipper was hard and touchy. I however had no trouble with the zipper. It also rained for the entire week were were camping and the tent held up well and only slightly leaked in one corner. the tent is extreamly easy to set up..
Sportz #84000 5 Person SUV Tent with Screen Room
- Roomy 10- by 10-foot tent sleeps 5-6 people with over 7 feet of headroom; 7- by 6-foot floorless screen room
- Sleeve attach to your vehicle to convert cargo space into sleeping space
- Transform the vehicle tent into a ground tent by fully removing the vehicle sleeve
- Features new steel and fiberglass pole structure for one-person set-up
- Includes an expandable carrying bag for storage
This tent was a piece of cake to set up and I really like how Sportz uses a combination of steel and fiberglass poles. The roof is connected with fiberglass poles. Steel poles hold up the walls. I wish the other room had a floor, so I'll buy the footprint or put a tarp down (plenty of room for my two wolfhounds in the room, my wife just doesn't want them sleeping in the dirt.) We were very impressed with the height, I'm 6'4" and more than adequate head space. With one practice set up, I now feel like I could set this up by myself in less than ten minutes. I highly recommend this. The only thing I don't know is if it is worth the difference in price over the Sportz 83000
Slumberjack 6 Person Trail Tent
- Free-standing 6-person Trail Tent with full coverage rain fly and two vestibules; ideal for backpacking, fishing, and any other getaway adventure
- Easy set up with color-coded clip construction and side-release buckle ten-fly connection
- Sturdy fiberglass poles; heavy-duty 75D Polyester 1200mm construction with taped seams; mesh wall panels for ventilation; noiseless zipper pulls
- Ridge pole geometry for maximum interior space; internal storage pockets to keep essentials handy
- Packed weight: 18 pounds, 6 ounces; packed dimensions: 8 x 28 inches; assembled dimensions: 130 x 110 x 70 inches; floor area: 99.3 square feet
As with all tents I would highly recommend buy a tarp to go under it and to coat it with a water proof sealer. That being said this tent is so easy to assemble, 15 minutes at the most and that is with the rain fly and guy wires. The dome shape is very rugged and durable. The materials are good quality and the rain fly is nice and heavy. It rained buckets and not a drop leaked through. A great tent at a great price.