High Sierra Loop Backpack
- Multi-compartment design. Dedicated MP3 player pocket with headphone port. Attach extra gear with monster hook and bottom straps
- Adjustable side compression straps. Two side mesh beverage compartments. Hanging accessory pocket
- Premium organizer compartment with multiple pockets and a key fob.
- Yoke-style, S-shaped, VAPEL mesh AIRFLOW padded shoulder straps with Suspension System and integrated media/cell phone pocket. Comfortable padded core back panel.
- Materials: Mini-Hexagon Ripstop, Waffle Weave, 600-denier Duralite Size: 19" x 13.5" x 8.5" Capacity: 2015 cubic-Inch
This backpack is great for the price. As a college student, I am very pleased that it holds all the books I need comfortably. While it does not have a specific laptop compartment, the middle pocket functions as one perfectly. There are so many little pockets and organizational aspects to this backpack. I love it!
The North Face Jester
- 600D polyester, 300D mini-ripstop, 1200D polyester
- A93CJK3, A93C0M3, A93CYJ2, A93CYR5
- This unisex backpack features two large zip compartments.
- A front accessory zip pocket with an internal organization sleeve stashes smaller items.
- Bungee cords crisscross across this The North Face bag's face to provide a stellar spot to loop in a rain jacket, or wiffle ball bat.
- Perfect for everyday use, you can't go wrong with The North Face Jester.
My son, who earned his Phd a few years ago and is currently a professor at a university in Scotland, wanted a backpack to keep up with him on campus. He was very pleased with this one although it was not available in black as he wanted. I guess I should add that he walks everywhere and needs a backpack that is very durable and big enough for tons of books and his laptop. He also needs it to have enough protection for his sacred and beloved laptop. He shopped quite a while for this and knew exactly what he wanted...and he is picky, having walked miles on campuses with a backpack throughout his batchelor, master, Phd degrees and teaching at universities!
Condor Compact Assault Pack
- Total of four compartments:
- Main compartment: 18" x 10" x 5" with one zipper and one mesh pocket.
- 2nd compartment 15" x 8" x 2"
- Front top compartment: 4" x 7" x 2.5"
- Front bottom compartment: 10" x 8" x 2.5"
- Hydration compatible
Ok, so I was looking for a compact, but expandable pack that would retain it's shape well and feel comfortable over long periods of time. It also needed to withstand some heavy use.
Well I think I've found it. Now, I've just received the pack tonight but I've loaded it up and walked around like a fool to balance out my load and all that. Everything seems great.
Now it's a 'made in china' product so some of the stitching is less than a perfect line but it is double stitched in high wear places and seems like it will hold up well.
Should my upcoming trips prove otherwise I will come back and edit this review.
5.11 Rush 24 Back Pack
- Closed-cell foam back padded hydration pocket with two back-to-back zippered pull tabs
- Generous web-platform on three sides with additional attachment points
- Top exterior book-end pockets with non-scratching fleece-lined organization, two exterior, side, flat, zippered pockets, One interior stuff-pocket with draw cord
- Adjustable, dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps with Duraflex(TM) hardware
- Two large metal grommet drainage holes on bottom of pack
I'm a big fan of my Rush 24 pack. There is a great amount of space, but the thing that helps it the most is the sheer amount of organizational pockets 5.11 included in their product. The pack is made of high quality nylon that feels incredibly sturdy (haven't tested this yet) and is water-resistant. The pack is covered in PALS webbing which is great for attaching extra pouches. The hydration pocket can just fit a 3L bladder. Hiking with the pack is very comfortable although I haven't been carrying large enough loads to warrant a waist belt (which this unfortunately lacks, you can attach your own however). Overall, a great quality pack, well worth the price.
Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
- Large load cargo capacity compartment with separate pocket to fit up to two 3L hydration bladders. - BOlive Draby contour shoulder straps with D-Ring for equipment attachment, sternum starp and waist belt. - External side compression straps.
- Heavy-Duty carry and drag handle. - Two double zipper pulls on the main compartment for easy access. - Individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort and maximum airflow. - Grommets on all compartments for drainage. - Import
- Total of seven compartments: - Main Compartment with gear straps to secure gears and two extra mesh pockets. - Second Compartment contains three map/document pockets, two radio pockets, and penholders.
- Two large pockets on the back, bottom pocket (12.5" x 6" x 3") with three elastic closure mash pocket and a zipper mash pocket. - Two side pockets (9" x 5" x 2.5") one on each side. - One Compartment for hydration systems.
I love this pack. I'm a huge gear head that likes my stuff organized. This bag is big and keeps everything organized and compartmentalized. I don't like all my stuff in one compartment and have to dig thru it all to get to something to the bottom. It has a plastic board in the back which is removable to keep the pack rigid almost like a internal frame pack. Has good padding for the back and good straps, no complaints.
This is my daily BOB/work gear. And love it.
The North Face Vault Energy Yellow/Asphalt GreyBackpack Bookbag
- FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps with a top layer of Atilon foam for added support
- Comfortable, stitched foam back panel
- Large main compartment fits books and binders
I have owned this backpack for more than a year and it has become a great part of my daily routine. I have frequently stuffed it full with several books, a laptop, lunch and still had room to spare.
The small pocket has eight compartments that help keep things organized and pens handy.
On a recent vacation the adjustable chest strap brought relief to my weary shoulders as I walked miles across Manhattan.
I have never really used the webbing strap on the outside of the small pocket, but maybe it will come in handy some day.
I would not recommend it for multiple nights of outdoor camping, but I could see myself using it on a single night of lightweight backpacking.
5.11.58722 H20 Carrier
- Slickstick Molle Attachment System
- High Impact Locking Clip
- Prym Snaps
- 1000D Nylon
- Keeps Water Bottle Accessible And Secure
Great carrier that easily threads into my MOLLE pack but can be quickly detached. The carrier holds a 28 oz filtration bottle with a bit of room to spare. Have used this on hikes in Central America, South America and the USA in all conditions. Recommended for anyone that needs a basic bottle carrier that can take a beating.
ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag, 5250 Cubic Inches
- Size: 5250 cubic inches; Weight: 2 pounds 3 ounces; Total weight with frame: 7 pounds 5 ounces
- Top loading; Lower door access; #10 zippers
- Hold-open frame; Internal horizontal divider
- Webbing loops for lashing; Clevis pin attachment
- Rifle holder
This exterior frame and pack bag are absolutely perfect for my needs. The pack bag separates from the exterior frame allowing the hunter to strap down a deer or other game, lumber or anything else to it. The drop down shelf is an incredible feature which adds to the versatility of the frame. The pack bag has all the room that a person needs to provide for base camp. Great quality, great price; this back pack was well designed.
5.11 Covrt18 Backpack
- Main compartment- 19"H x 12.25"L x 6.5"D, front compartment-11?H x 9.25?L x 2.5?D
- Concealed R.A.C. (Roll-down assault compartment)
- Ambidextrous side-entry Back-Up Belt System compartment
- Shoulder straps with QuickTact accessory straps
- 500D Nylon exterior; 420D Nylon interior
This backpack is solid, well built, and can take a lot of abuse.
If I have any complaints, it is about the laptop compartment. The sun-glasses pouch hangs over it, and the zipper is very far away from it. You have to take the backpack off to get the laptop out. Also the laptop compartment isn't padded as well as I would like, so plan on using one of those zippered laptop sleeves.
Even with that issue, this is still a solid pack.
Lowepro Flipside 200 Backpack-Black
- Back entry compartment provides easy access to equipment as well as extra security when pack is being worn
- Removable accessory pouch allows you to take cables, chargers, manuals and other key accessories
- Hideaway tripod holder carries a compact tripod or monopod when you need it and easily concealed when you don�t
- Tough water resistant outer fabric protects against moisture and abrasion
- Detachable waist belt and adjustable sternum strap helps to stabilize pack, distribute weight evenly and ensure carrying comfort
Read tons of reviews but was still concerned about how this backpack would work out. Would it be safe and secure enough for my camera equipment? Would it be heavy? Would it dig into my shoulders? After using it one time, I was very pleased with this backpack. It is the perfect size for a day trip. It is extremely comfortable (all backpacks should have straps like this!). The weight distributes perfectly and nothing digs into my back. I love how access is against my back so no one can reach in and get to my equipment. My compact Manfrotto tripod attaches to the back of the pack securely. Sometimes I wish the backpack was a bit bigger but then it would not be so easy to maneuver with. I can fit just enough in here to get through the day including some non-camera items. For day trip use, this pack is ideal and will last you years.