Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer
- Elliptical trainer with heavy 27-pound flywheel for smooth performance
- Power incline feature adds resistance while targeting different muscle groups
- Vibrant 7.5-inch blue LCD display tracks time, distance, calories, resistance. incline, pulse, and pace
- Integrated sound system; oversized, custom-designed foot pedals
- Built-in cooling fans; 375-pound capacity; 200-pound product weight
- Features ten programs; pedals adjust to ten positions
- Footprint measures 82 by 27 inches
- Warranty: Lifetime on frame, five years on parts and electronics, two years on labor
Price:1 850-2 500
Purchased this machine on January 15th, 2011 it arrived Wednesday, January 19th, via ABF. The machine is worth a buy purchased directly from Sole, but its hell putting together by yourself. I suggest you have someone assist you I spent 3 hours putting it together resting and cooking in between. But its a worth it buy I worked out at NY Sports Club and NYC Racquet Club (Precore and Lifefitness for years, this is the same gym quality for a at home price. Invest in yourself and invest in your personal health no gym rats staring you down or limited cardio work outs. Again its a five star purchase but please have someone help you.
Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer
- SixStar Certified elliptical platform featuring the six key elements needed to deliver the smoothest
- 10 levels of electronic resistance and a heavy-duty 14.3-pound flywheel provide a smooth ride; low step-on height
- Q-Factor: ZEROgap overlapping pedal motion; MP3 port with built-in Sonic Surround speakers
- 3 orange LED display windows; 10 programming options; 3 target and 3 workout programs plus 1 custom workout
- User Capacity: 275 pounds
This machine is very heavy, we used a pair of furniture dollys to move it. It took two of us about 1 1/2 to two hours to put together without much trouble at all. It is long, so if you have to move it after assembly, measure to make sure you you can get it there. We assembled it half-way, then moved it to the room where it will be used, then completed assembly.
As others have said, this trainer has 10 levels of resistance. I'm not going to repeat the features of this machine, as they have been well documented. I have to be upfront and say that I'm woefully out of shape; that's why I bought this Horizon Elliptical trainer in the first place. I've had three back surgeries, and I have bad knees. So I've been using level one and have only been doing 10 minutes at a time, twice a day. But I still feel like I'm getting quite a workout. I love that I can hook my iPod up, and turn it up. It sounds great, and helps me make my time. I'm in a room without a tv, and without the music, It wouldn't be fun. The trainer is so quiet I don't hear it at all.
The fan helps, as I work up a sweat in no time. (I said I was out of shape.) I know that I'll be shaping up in no time with this trainer. And I know that I'll be increasing my time, and sticking with this workout.
Spirit Esprit EL-455 20-Inch Stride Elliptical
- 20-inch stride on dual chrome rails for smooth motion
- 30-pound heavy-duty flywheel; health club commercial bearings and premium bushings for fluid motion
- Large, easy to read blue backlit display
- Speakers and audio jack for your MP3 player
- 350-pound user capacity
We love our new elliptical!, we have had a Tunturi, it was also around the same price, everything cracked off of it, foot pads were the first to go. It was a welcome surprise to receive this husky, machine! it was relatively easy to put together due to some of the machine being already assembled.
What should be said, and never is, at least not in any of the reviews that I had read, nor in any of the specs that I read, mentioned that this machine actually is duel directional, which in layman's terms means that you can go either forward or backward, we so wanted this feature but none of the other machines had it, believe it or not! Thank you for this wonderful machine, we do love it.
Schwinn 450 Elliptical Trainer
- Innovative Elliptical trainer with a long 20-inch stride, 16 resistance levels, and built-in heart rate monitoring
- Unique, adjustable ramp with up to a 15 degree incline, to change your stride and target different muscle groups
- 11 workout programs include profile courses, quick start, and distance goal; 4 heart rate programs; Schwinn Advantage workout tracking
- Adjustable movement handles for varied upper body workouts with fixed and moving handle bars
- In-console speakers and MP3 music input port; built-in fan; transport wheels; comprehensive warranty coverage
I've had my elliptical for a month now and so far, so good. I'm 262 and the machine is sturdy. Assembly took about an hour and a half with my husband doing the heavy lifting/holding. Delivery came 6 days early and the company Amazon used was nice and on time. The only issue I have thus far is the oil applied to the machine. After 2 weeks of use, 30-45 minutes 4-5 times a week, squeaking started. It was easily fixed by adding more oil but . . . Overall happy with my purchase and would do it again. Can't beat the value for the price.
Livestrong LS13.0E Elliptical
- Elliptical trainer with heavy 30-pound flywheel that produces smooth, fluid motion
- Mimics natural path of ankle, knee, and hip joints to ensure a low-impact workout
- Long 20-inch stride length; 12 built-in workout programs; Livetrack Interactive technology
- Cushioned MaxTone pedals produce natural heel-to-toe walking motion
- 350-pound capacity; measures 29 x 68 x 76 inches (W x H x D); lifetime frame/brake warranty
Price:1 200-2 100
This machine is for anyone looking for a hardcore workout at a great price. The build quality is excellent and and its easy to assemble. While it may not have all of the bells and whistles as some of the more expensive machines it does have enough to keep your workouts interesting. Great machine, great price.
Precor AMT100i Experience Series Adaptive Motion Trainer
- Unique commercial-quality cardio and muscle toning trainer allows you to adapt to your movement on the fly
- Contra lateral arm movement for natural motion reflecting the way you naturally move
- 0 to 27-Inch stride length, 4 programs including fat burner, heart rate control, interval and manual
- Hand held heart rate monitoring with compatibility for wireless monitors
- 350-Pound maximum user weight, 7-year warranty on frame, 2 years parts, 1 year labor
Price:4 096-8 596
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this machine!!! My feet go numb and my hips hurt from limited range of motions on regular ellipticals. This machine is great because you have range of motion. Plus I love that you have to push down too in ever rotation because it seems to intensify the workout. Makes it seem more like running (uphill) than regular ellipticals. Also, you can really tell this machine gives you a cardio workout - my nickname for it was "machine of death" because it tired me out soo much, which is a great feeling. My old gym had this machine, but since I moved out of state I can't find a gym that has this machine now where I currently live. When I do find a gym that has this machine I am cancelling my current gym membership immediately and signing up at the new place - NOTE TO Gyms: not having this machine is a dealbreaker!!
Best Fitness E1 Elliptical Trainer by Body Solid
- Compact and portable elliptical trainer offers a patented center drive design and low center of gravity
- Constructed with a powder-coated steel frame
- Measures 48 by 30 by 66 inches (L x W x H)
- Moving arms allows for a dual-action, upper and lower body workout
- Close pedal spacing eliminates hip fatigue; contact heart rate grips allow you to monitor your workout intensity
- Fifteen-year frame warranty, 10-year motor warranty; 275-pound user capacity
Price:1 050-1 746
This elliptical was easy and quick to put together. I timed myself starting after unpacking it all and it only took me an hour and a half. All the screws were in little packages numbered by each step which was extremely helpful. The only thing that I had problems with was the instruction manual was not in order and trying to figure out where the plug went into the machine. It's not in the written instructions. I found a picture of it on someone else's review of this machine. Here's the link....
It works great!!
Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer
- New six star certified platform, low 10-Inch sure step step-on height, cool fit fitness fan
- 17.6-Pound flywheel, magnetic brake resistance, 1-16 electronic resistance range
- 20-Inch flat ellipse foot path, oversized footpad with traction edges, 300-Pound user capacity
- 11 program options, contact grips, sonic speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- Lifetime warranty for frame and brake, 1-year for parts and labor
My husband and I are very happy with this elliptical. Assembly time with two people was less than 1.5 hours. The assembly kit and directions were easy to follow and the color-coded packaging made it easy to identify right and left parts while they were still in their protective bags. For a home unit, this machine is very well made, sturdy and durable, with a nice, clean finish. The program does beep at the start, during changes in the workout program, and at the end, but the machine itself is super quiet when in use. The foot placement is comfortable and the stride is smooth and feels natural. The manual incline option allows for a more versatile workout. As for size, I am 5'8" and my husband is 5'10" and we both are very happy with the fit and feel of this elliptical (I personally like this elliptical much better than the industrial ones at my gym).
Nautilus E514 Elliptical Trainer
- Selected as a "Best Buy" from a leading consumer magazine
- Provides smooth upper- and lower-body cardiovascular workout with 16 resistance levels
- 7 profile courses, 2 programmable user profiles, 17 total programs
- 4 Polar� heart rate programs, with telemetry, grip and chest belt (included)
- Powerful fan and multi-point console adjustments
- 10-year warranty on frame, 2 years on parts, 1 year on electronics
- 300-pound maximum user weight, 165-pound machine weight
- Fixed 18-inch stride length and ergonomic elliptical path
- Measures 62 x 26 x 71 inches (L x W x H)
Great machine. Really stable for a machine in this price range. Lots of features. Heart rate monitor is very cool. Not something one most machines at this price point. Lots of programs to choose from. Love the Heart Rate and Calorie challenges. Assembly took me about an hour and a half and I'm pretty handy. Most of that was the 30 minutes it took me to get everything unpacked! The point that might trip you up is installing the pin between the lower arm and the stepper leg. Make sure the locator is lined up with the notch or your won't get that connection tight enough (eventually, the nut will back off).
Overall, we're very satisfied with the machine.
Kettler HKS EXT7 Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Compact elliptical cross trainer with Patented Extended Motion; technology for a generous 19-inch stride and exceptional ergonomics
- 25 to 400 watt, manual or programmable, electro-magnetic resistance range with a 50-pound drive system to ensure smooth operation
- Training computer with over 48 programs including for fat combustion, fitness training, and automatic interactive Heart-Rate-Control programming; memory for four different users
- High carbon steel, powder coated frame with built-in transport casters and built-in floor levelers
- Lifetime frame warranty; three-year residential warranty; made in Germany
Price:2 160-2 400
An excellent elliptical - nice stride - like jog - very sturdy - smooth, quiet, very small footprint with long stride - base doesn't move or shake - excellent electronics / monitoring - including chest strap/hand grips / ear lobe clip - use mainly chest strap - says u can download programs - didn't do yet - incredible customer service - they just send u new parts no questions asked - not that i needed them in the end - one thing to remember is to assemble with real socket tool to get bolts tight enough - if u use included wrenches - not enough torque - will loosen - top of the line kettler - not made in far east -