Sizzix 655268 Big Shot Cutting-and-Embossing Roller-Style Machine
- Portable shape-cutting and embossing roller-style machine
- Accommodates a wide range of crafting materials from paper to fabric
- Works with Sizzix product library, as well as other die-cutting and embossing tools
- Includes multipurpose platform and a pair of standard cutting pads
- Measures approximately 14-1/4 by 12-3/8 by 6-5/8 inches
This is a great little machine. It works well and is simple to use. It cuts and embosses beautifully. I especially like the way it cuts using the Sizzix dies. I purchased it because of its ability to cut cloth (felt in particular), which many machines can’t do. I use it to cut out ornament shapes quickly. As for embossing, my advise for newbies is to follow “padding” instructions and realize that the paper has to be hefty enough (card stock), otherwise you will cut your paper; experiment with inexpensive paper; and use the A4 size. The instructions that come with the machine are simple but a bit vague, but June Campbell’s video review is a great way to start – actually seeing how the Big Shot works really helps. I think you’ll love it…I am very impressed.
Cuttlebug Machine V2
- Comes with all necessary cutting pads you need to get started
- User manual
- Bonus embossing folder: simple flower
I’ve been using my Cuttlebug for a few weeks now and absolutely love it! I read the recommendation of others and bought an extra pair of cutting plates (B plates) and added a C plate to it for using with dies from other machines. So far everything works beautifully and the handle turns easily for embossing and die cutting (I was worried it wouldn’t.) I’ve gotten crisp, clean images using the embossing folders I’ve purchased, and have had clean cuts with the die-cutting plates I’ve used. The die cutting does leave a cut-in image on your B-plates, but I just switch them around and flip them over to keep it all even. So far the marks left on my B-plates haven’t been an issue for me.
I researched the different machines like this one and decided on the Cuttlebug for ease of use, compatibility with dies from other machines, its embossing AND die-cutting capability and because the suction plate on the bottom holds well and is easily activated by pulling down the front and back feeder-trays. (I watched videos of all machines, and one other had a small lever to activate suction and it looked really difficult to turn.)
Sizzix 656850 Vagabond Die-Cut Machine
- Vagabond machine cuts and embosses many different materials and thicknesses
- Works with a wide selection of dies, from the very smallest up to the big 6-inch wide
- Includes vagabond machine, 2 standard cutting pads, and the solo platform and shim
- Effortlessly cuts thick materials like matboard and grungeboard
The Vagabond cuts through heavy materials like Grungeboard, medium-weight chipboard and felt with ease. It does a great job embossing these materials as well. The powerful electronic motor is smooth, quiet and reasonably fast. Better yet, it totally resolves shoulder pain issues caused by cranking a manual die cutter for extended periods. However, I still love my Sizzix Big Shot and will continue to use it when away from home and/or power sources. The same sets of dies and accessories can be used for both machines. At a deadweight 14 pounds, the Vagabond isn’t good for casual toting around. Bought mine last week with a 50% discount coupon emailed by one of the big box crafts stores.
Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool
- The silhouette cameo include a 12 inch cutting mat, cutting blade, 50 exclusive cuttable designs and $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
- Includes access to thousands of downloadable designs; Includes PC and Mac compatible software
- Cuts up to 12-inch wide and 10-feet long; cuts a variety of materials from vinyl to fabric
- Great for Scrapbook layouts, cards,custom apparel, vinyl decor, etched glass, sketch designs, and paper crafts
- Intricate cuts, precision duplication, and smooth edges make the Silhouette the perfect tool for paper crafting projects
I can’t say enough good things about this product. Honestly, I had never heard of a Silhouette until sometime last year, when I started crafting. None of my friends have any idea what it is, only that it is amazing. I can’t imagine living without this thing. It cuts anything you can imagine. I only use it for cutting so far. Not the print and cut or the rhinestone thing or the vinyl yet, but I will graduate to that may soon. I recommend this product highly to anyone who is interest. I never had the Cricut but I find this to be more affordable than the cartridges I find in the store for the Cricut. There is always a free shape of the week through Silhouette and also clearance shapes of the week for about $.50 -$.75 each. And I signed up for a great monthly plan. Just for fun, I get $25.00 worth of downloads for $10.00 Love it. Couldn’t ask for a better machine.
Sizzix Big Kick Machine, Perwinkle
- Kick up your creativity with this big machine
- Machine measures 12-1/4-Inch-by-6-Inch-by-14-1/2-Inch
- Includes a pair of Standard Cutting Pads and Multipurpose Platform
- Works with most Sizzix products
This machine is great fun!! I love mine and would highly recommend it to anyone that loves to do crafting! It’s so easy to use and it is very versitile. There is only ONE
downside and that is the expense of buying the super neat folders and you can spend a lot of money on those! HAVE FUN! Sizzix Big Kick Machine, Perwinkle
Xyron Creatopia 3501-05-00
- Multi-function crafting machine fits media up to 12 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick
- Easy drop in components allow you to use this machine for cutting, laminating, embossing, die cutting and applying adhesive
- Works without heat, batteries or electricity; ideal for home, school or office applications
- Units comes with 25 feet of permanent adhesive; components sold separately
- Measures approximately 10 by 22 by 8 inches
With the exception of the 9″ model I own every Xyron machine they make. The smaller models are mainly for adhesive (though some offer the option of magnetic material or laminating) and they are one of my most used crafting items. That said I went into using the Creatopia with a clear understanding of it’s features, and was lucky enough to receive with mine many of the optional accessories (came bundled as a Starter kit and included the permanent adhesive, a hearts patternz component, a borderz component with floral and starts patterns, and a cutz component with straight & scallop blades).
My number one favorite use for this machine (and all of the xyron models) is with the permanent adhesive. If you do any work with glitter you need these machines, they put a perfect even coating of adhesive down on your project making coating it with glitter a breeze. Try it on acetate (aka clear report covers) and you’ll be smiling for days. Of course the adhesive also works great to actually stick things together and even your smallest embellishments will come out perfectly.
Cricut Expression 290300 Personal Electronic Cutter
- Electronic cutting machine for scrapbooks, classroom decor, signage, and more
- Cartridge system requires no computer; cuts from 1/4 inch to 23-1/2 inches
- Easy-to-read LCD screen; 6 modes; 4 functions; portrait or landscape orientation
- Comes with Plantin SchoolBook font and shape cartridge, and Accent Essentials mini shape cartridge
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
I received my Cricut last week and I love, love, love it! On advice of others I also bought the SCAL program (not by Provo but by Sure Cuts A Lot) which allows me to use non cartridge images and since then I have cut out so many images that I don’t really know what to do with them all yet. There are so many possiblilities and the Cricut is so cool that I turn it off only to turn it back on again to try something else. I’ve cut out Halloween images, made halloween coffin boxes, made gift bags, and just cut out images for the fun of seeing how beautiful they come out. There are also free SVG images (used with SCAL) and that’s how I got my Halloween images. The one downside is that I can’t stop playing with it so work and kids are getting neglected. Also, I can see my mat will lose the sticky soon with so much use but there is a youtube video out there showing how to make your mat sticky again – so when the time comes I’ll give that a try.
Yes it’s kind of expensive but I used my credit card points to get Amazon gift certificates and I used those. I would definitely buy this again with or without gift certificates.
Cricut Mini Cake, Red
- Cuts images from 1-1/2-inch up to 11-1/2-inch
- Comes with a versatile cartridge that’s perfect for any project
- Three modes and two functions offer greater customization of cuts
- Compatible with all original cricut cartridges and cricut cake cartridges
I have had my Cricut Cake mini for 2 months now and I love it. I keep finding excuses and occasions to celebrate so that can I pull out my mini to decorate cupcakes or cakes. I was apprehensive at first about buying this machine since there are many negative comments on the full sized Cricut Cake and hardly any reviews at all for the Cricut Cake Mini. I call my machine my little ladybug. It is a nice compact size that I easily store in my pantry when I am not using it. It has almost all the same features as the larger Cricut Cake and for my needs it suits me fine, I have no need to cut out large gumpaste cut-outs. I have done a lot of research to optimize the use of my “ladybug”. I found some really useful youtube videos that provide great information about how thick to roll the gumpaste, letting it rest prior to cutting and so on. I have never had a problem with tearing my gumpaste. I have been successful with ciutting out detailed small images and letters without incident. I have a Cricut Expression paper cutting machine which helps because I know already how to set everything up to cut. I have received so many compliments on the work this little machine produces that I can’t wait to use it again.
Cricut 29-0001 Personal Electronic Cutting Machine
- Portable electronic cutting machine for greeting cards, scrapbooks, and other paper crafts
- Cut letters, shapes, or phrases; works with vellum, paper, cardstock, and vinyl
- Cuts from 1 inch up to 5-1/2 inches tall
- Cartridge-based system; no computer required; George and Basic Shapes cartridge included
- Measures 17-4/5 by 9-2/3 by 12-8/9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
I bought the Cricut Personal Cutting Machine primarily for my daughter and granddaughter who are scrapbooking together. It will live at my daughter’s house, but it will be available to me when I need it. (I make greeting cards.)
I easily taught my granddaughter, who is a first-grader, to use the system with adult supervision. We agreed she should tie back her long hair for safety and keep fingers clear of the working parts. With my help and supervision, she was quickly selecting shapes and sizes and cutting the shapes she wanted. She understood the use of the shift key and also the creative features.
We won’t let her use the system alone until she is quite a bit older, but the user interface and operation of the machine is very simple once the machine is set up. My granddaughter was so enthusiastic about her experience that she wanted to be the one to teach her mother how to use it. We all love the Cricut.
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine
- Latest in the line of innovative cutting machines
- Compatible with all Spellbinders die templates
- Portable and convenient to use anywhere
- Compatible with Sizzlets, Cuttlebug and Quickuts dies, as well as Cuttlebug Embossing Folders and Fiskars Texture Plates
I adore my Cuttlebug! I can use different dies and embossing folders in it which is perfect! It is kind of heavy, but it is still pretty portable. I work on my projects all over the house and I dont have any trouble moving it around. I absolutely love it. I had been looking for a machine for a while and wasnt sure what to buy, after some research I decided this product would be the most econmical and usable and its been great!