Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker with Yeast Dispenser
- Mixes, kneads, rises, and bakes in 3 loaf sizes, up to 2-1/2 pounds
- Settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads/cakes
- 13-hour delay timer makes meal planning easier
- Includes recipes for 40 breads and doughs, plus baking tips
- Measures 14 by 13-1/2 by 9 inches
You get what you pay for in this world and the Panasonic SD-YD250 is a perfect example. Quiet as a mouse. No jumping around the counter and whining and improperly mixing as a Breadman we purchased (and returned) did. Had another Panasonic for 8 years. Decided to replace it when the pan seal failed and we checked out the cost of a replacemtnt pan (not realizing we could replace just the paddle mechanism/seal.) Thought we could get by on the cheap with the Breadman. Wrong. If you are looking for a rock solid, flexible unit that turns out a perfect loaf time after time (up to 2.5 lbs), this is your bread machine. The automatic yeast dispenser is a great feature, particulary if you use the timer. Spend the [money].
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker 120 Volts
- Additional heater on lid for perfectly browned crust
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf
- Dual kneading blades to knead the dough thoroughly
- Quick baking cycle prepares breads in about 2-hour
- Includes a measuring cup and measuring spoon
This model addresses the concerns in previous reviews of the top of the loaf not baking or uneven baking. They have put a heater on the lid, so we get perfect bread every time.
I poured over the reviews and first ordered an $85 model. It arrived with a loose lid and missing manual. I returned it and decided to make the plunge to this price bracket.
I use the dough setting every week, as well as make a loaf of sandwich bread weekly. I don't usually write reviews, but this machine exceeded my already high expectations.
Cuisinart CBK-100 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaves
- 12 preprogrammed menu options; 3 crust settings; 13-hour delay-start timer
- Viewing window; removable lid, pan, and paddle for quick cleanup
- Stay-cool handles; measuring cup, measuring spoon, and recipes included
- Measures 18 by 12-1/5 by 15 inches
Its been more than a month now that I have been using this product almost once a day. I set it up in the evening and have fresh bread in the morning. From the pictures I expected it to be larger than it really is. It fits well on my kitchen counter. I have used about four or five recipes that was included in its recipe book and so far all turned out really well. Overall I am quite happy with the result so far. This is my first bread machine.
Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker, White
- 600-watt programmable breadmaker makes 1-1/2- or 2-pound loaves of bread
- 12 cooking functions; 3 shade selections; 13-hour delay bake; LED display; touch-control panel
- Metal utensils should not be used with removable nonstick baking pan
- Wash by hand only; instructions with recipes included
- Measures approximately 14 by 19 by 13-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Bought this at Walmart for $40. It has not failed me yet. I use it to make sodium free bread. DO NOT USE THE RECIPES included with this book, they are wrong, they use much too much yeast. Get a bread machine book instead. The timer function works well also, I woke up this morning to a warm sodium free wholewheat loaf, all for less that $1. Not sure why anyone would need to buy one of the more expensive breadmakers, this unit also makes very little noise.
West Bend 41300 Hi-Rise Electronic Dual-Blade Breadmaker
- Electronic dual-blade bread machine for making bakery-style artisan bread at home
- 4 horizontally shaped loaf sizes--1 pound, 1-1/2 pounds, 2 pounds, and 2-1/2 pounds
- 11 pre-programmed settings; 3 crust shades; digital control panel; 12-hour delay timer
- Measuring cup and spoon, knead-blade removal tool, and instructions with recipes included
- Measures 18 by 10-1/2 by 11-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
I purchased this to replace a 13-15 year old Z brand that finally died. I liked the fact that it has two kneading blades and can do gluten free and lo carb bread (maybe they all can these days, but this one has a special cycle).
The first loaf I made (or rather it made) was a basic white bread and it turned out perfectly; the second and third were wheat-yogurt loaves - also nicely done. The third did collapse a little bit when baking, but living at the coast the humidity is high and I expected to have to tinker with the recipes. One thing the manual doesn't tell you is why it beeps at the end of one of the rises - I assume that's when you should add fruit/nuts (that's what a couple of other models do). So far so good and I can recommend this model.
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included
- Measures 8 by 11 by 12 inches; 1-year warranty
I was amazed to watch the bread rise right up to the window (Red Star Active Yeast). The 3-1/2 hour wait was well worth it to get that end slice and slather it with butter. This is a second bread machine for me and it has produced a result that I never obtained with my first one. I just had people present me with a loaf they were pleased with -- well now I can do that, too. Recommend this item highly to everyone.
Oster 5838 ExpressBake Breadmaker
- Bread machine bakes up to a 2-pound horizontal loaf in under an hour
- User-friendly control panel; 13-hour delay bake; 1-hour keep warm
- 8 settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Nonstick aluminum bread pan and kneading paddle included
- Measures 11-1/2 by 14-3/4 by 11 inches; 1-year limited warranty
I am very pleased with this machine. I followed the extremely simple instructions and made a perfect loaf of bread the first time. The recipe book that came with the machine was too limiting for me so I bought two other bread machine cook books. The "Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Bread Machine Recipes" is fantastic. I have learned a great deal about this machine: (1) using exact ingredients is critical (2) always add ingredients in the order suggested (3) the loaves come out of the pan easier if it is sprayed with cooking oil before adding ingredients (4) using the light crust setting is best for all kinds of loaves (5) the 1 1/2 pound loaf recipes are preferrable. I've used the bread machine at least three times a week since I purchased it and have tried every kind of bread possible. I have found nothing to complain about. The machine is quiet,powerful and remains stationary when operating. Great buy!
Hamilton Beach 29881 HomeBaker Breadmaker
- Breadmaking is as easy as 1-2-3 with the Hamilton Beach HomeBaker. Simply add your ingredients
- select the right cycle and start.
- 3 easy steps: add ingredients
- select cycle and start
- Prepare healthy
I love this bread machine. I got it for Christmas as a gift. If you're on a budget and want value in a product, get this Hamilton Beach bread machine. I've made the half white and half wheat bread for me and my boys, and we love it. You don't need to measure the ingredients exactly. The bread is moist and fluffy. Every couple of days, I'm making bread in my bread machine. The house smells great while the bread is baking. Cost per loaf clearly is cheaper than what you pay at the grocery store. I'm retired, divorced, and on a fixed income. This bread machine is a great value and makes wonderful tasty bread. I haven't tried any other recipes, but for me the bread making is what sells it. Get one, you won't regret it. I'm sending one to my daughter as a gift.
Breadman TR2500BC Ultimate Plus 2-Pound Stainless-Steel Convection Breadmaker
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound horizontal loaves
- Convection bake function for crisper crust; 300+ pre-programmed recipes
- Gluten-free, low-carb, cake batter, jam, and pizza-, bagel-, and pasta-dough options
- Fruit, nut, and herb "add-in" dispenser; 24-hour delay-bake timer
- Measures 9-1/2 by 15-1/4 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Our old magic chef breadmaker died three weeks ago. I decided to purchase this breadmaker even though there are quite a few negative reviews here. I had to admit I was worried until I received the product two weeks ago. Ladies and Gentlemen: This breadmaker makes the most delicious breads in the world! The instructional booklet is user-friendly. It is important to read the instructional booklet throughly before start using this machine.
Panasonic SD-RD250 Bread Maker with Automatic Fruit & Nut Dispenser
- Microprocessor controlled for even baking
- Special dispenser for addition of Fruit or nuts for even mixing in the baking process
- Diamond fluorine non-stick coated pan for easy clean-up
- 5 Baking modes for 2 different loaf sizes (M, XL)
- Large LCD readout, measures 11 1/8-inch (Width) by 12 13/16-inch (Length) by 14 9/16-inch (Height), 15-pound
I purchased this particular machine less than a week ago because all the reviews were so positive. Now I know why, and I'd give it more than 5 stars if that was a choice. The Panasonic SD-RD250 is just SO easy to use, so easy to clean up, and the booklet that comes with it is most helpful. My first Basic White Rapid loaf was too airy, so I looked up the reason why, used more flour for the 2nd loaf, and it came perfect. I haven't owned a bread machine since the first one I had bit the dust almost 2 decades ago, so I didn't realize how much the technology had improved. I have a whole wheat loaf baking right now and it smells heavenly 🙂 My family and I love home made bread, and with so little effort we can have fresh bread, with no hidden ingredients, on a daily basis. I love this machine.