Blueair 450E HepaSilent Digital Air-Purification System
- Energy Star 4-speed air purifier with HEPASilent technology
- 5 air changes per hour for rooms up to 365 square feet
- Electronic sensors; active carbon filtration; recyclable filter media
- Auto mode and timer function; digital display; remote control included
- Measures 11 by 20 by 23 inches; 5-year limited warranty
An excellent quality unit, the lowest fan speed setting is very quiet and suitable for bedroom operation if desired. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a solidly constructed unit that is easy to operate. The filter can literally be changed in seconds; you just open the side door like you would any cabinet in your house and the filter is right there. Another major plus is that a lot of air gets purified with minimal fan noise. In summary, I give the Blueair 450E five stars. Once you get it home and place it where you want it to go, it will work very well to purify the air in your home. A high CFM keeps air circulating while the HEPASilent filter visibly reduced dust and debris in the air. With the traditional Blueair design it fits neatly into nearly any room in your home.
Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-582A
- Amazon A-to-Z Purchase Protection & RabbitAir No-Hassle Return Policy - Super Fast Shipping
- BioGS HEPA filter technology with washable pre-filter and activated carbon filter
- Room coverage up to 780 sq. ft.
- Zero Ozone Emmissions
- 5 Year Warranty (Parts and Labor) and 24/7 Technical Support
This is the one I got. I did a bunch of research and this one seems to really work well, I have noticed a difference with my son's allergies and it's funny how my son's room really doesn't have much dust at all on his dresser since we go this too. It is super quiet (and I have tried a few and read tons of reviews). It kicks up and gets louder when it detects a need too (if you have it on auto). It also ionizes the air without hurting the ozone, like some of those do (if you even believe/care about that kind of thing). Two of the filters can be put in the dishwasher when needed (it has an indicator light to tell you when). Only the hepa filter has to be replaced (every few years). Anyway, I am sure there are better ones out there for more money. ??? But this is what I found after doing HOURS of research and I am pretty happy with it...for what it is.
Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
- Long Life True HEPA Filtration Captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Odor Control Carbon Pre-Filter especially formulated to capture offensive Smoke, Cooking and other Household Odors.
- PlasmaWave? Technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, and odors - without producing harmful ozone.
- Smart Sensor with Auto-Mode automatically adjusts your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment.
This shipped with prime in one day. I can tell the difference already and hope it's not just in my head. This was expensive and auto goes to the lowest setting making me wonder how accurate the sensor is. I plan on keeping it on auto while I'm away and medium at night. The turbo is loud like the other reviews say. 3 extra carbon filters are nice (They're skinny so do help but not against anything heavy duty). Remote is nice (no auto mode on remote but can turn off and on to get it). Washable filter I hope will be nice.
This winter has been dry and I moved to a new place that air seems clean but I don't know. I'm hoping it clears up my allergies or whatever else may be irritating me as I'd like to be able to breathe in the morning.
If you don't hear back from me, consider it a success.
Honeywell HHT-011 Compact Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter
- Compact tabletop air purifier for rooms up to 85 square feet in size
- Permanent HEPA-type filter captures up to 99% of mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke and dust
- Optional ionizer for extra cleaning power; washable pre-filter
- Nightlight feature provides soft illumination
- Measures 9.40 inches by 5.8 inches by 12.9 inches; 3-year limited warrant
My husband suffered from snoring problems which meant that I suffered from sleepless nights. My daughters were also having difficulty with sinus issues. A friend recommended getting an air purifier -- as we have cats that sleep in our room, a dog that sleeps with our girls, and we tend to leave the windows cracked year round. I'm a very careful shopper and was a little leery at the quality of this product because it was much less expensive than most of its counterparts. Still, I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on an untested item. If it wasn't effective, I could simply return it for a better product. I followed the directions and cleaned both our bedrooms carefully, then set the purifiers on low to run throughout the day. That night was the best sleep that all of us had in a very long while. My husband quit snoring immediately, which meant I slept. My daughters' coughs and sniffles vanished. We have had the purifier for almost a year now and have had no recurring issues with sleeping. The filters are a breeze to clean (just vacuum them both). No replacement filters are required. We were so impressed with this little unit that we bought one for a few of our adult children who were having similar issues to our own. Thanks Honeywell for providing an awesome product at a reasonable price.
Honeywell Enviracaire HEPA Air Purifier
- Round air purifier or larger rooms (up to 390 square feet in size)
- True HEPA filter removes 99.97 percent of common airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns
- Glass-fiber HEPA material also helps remove airborne particles, viruses and bacteria
- 360-degree airflow, 3 speeds, carbon pre-filter
- Measures 18 by 18 by 19 inches; 5-year limited warranty
I bought this Honeywell 50250 air cleaner to replace a Honeywell 52500 that failed after running 24/7 (except for when changing prefilters) for 11 years, 1 month and 16 days. If it gives half the service of the first one I'll be happy.
First, disregard all the negative reviews, read the review by the Dr. that gave it a 5 star, he is right on the money!
I use it in my bedroom, it keeps the air clean, I have no problem with my allergies when using it. It is quieter than the old unit. The "Terrible blue light" that is the cause of a lot of the complaints, is cured with a few well placed strips of black electrical tape, if you are bothered by it.
I almost didn't buy it based on all the negative flack, but am glad I did. It is over sized for my bed room, but I only run it on slow speed and it does a heck of a job. Don't sweat the "3 foot of clearance on all sides", mine only has that much on one side.
If you complain about the noise, the size, and the blue light, then you most likely aren't bothered by allergies.
Whirlpool APR45130L Whispure 300-CADR Electronic Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- Filters Air 4.8 Times per Hour in a 495 sq ft Room
- Quiet and Easy to Use Electronic Controls
- True HEPA 0.3 Micron Filtration
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) 300
- 3 Fan Speeds, Sleep Mode, Timer, VOC sensor, Remote
I spent more money on this Whirlpool air purifier because it has an Auto fan mode which detects VOCs in the air and turns the fan speed higher. I ordered one for my son's room and one for the master bedroom. After 2 weeks the one in the master bedroom kept detecting VOCs and changing the fan speed higher. It would stay in high mode with the VOC indicator lit for 12+ hours. I swapped the locations of the filters and the defective one kept malfunctioning while the other would never indicate VOCs in the master bedroom.
The filter does seem to be working well otherwise. The air smells fresh. The filter does push quite a bit of air, which has been great in the summer but I am worried about that effect in winter. I will amend the review if that is an issue.
Hoover Air Purifier with TiO2 Technology - WH10600
- The Titanium Dioxide coated screen boosts UV effectiveness by helping to remove 99.9% of germs
- UV Bulb helps to remove airborne germs, bacteria, and other microorganisms
- UV/Ti02 on/off controls are for use during flu season and can also be used all year round.
- Rinsable Pre-filter to catch lint, pet hair, and other large particles, HEPA media filter to capture the smallest particles
- IntelliSense Control system senses air quality and automatically adjusts fan speed
Ok, so at first I was a bit skeptical about this product because there were some really awful reviews. But when I received it and turned it on, WOW!!!! the difference is unmistakeably amazing!!! I have asthma and the usual allergies, but usually I am pretty good. However, ever since I decided to adopt two guinea pigs my allergy was out of control!!! I thought I was sick with a cold, I had fever, runny nose and sinusitis for more than a month ever since I came back from my cruise at the end of September. I didn't know whether it was the guinea pigs, their hay or because I had sinusitis, but I was scared. I was a bit worried that I might have an viral infection. I literally got this two days ago and OMG!!! I haven't sneezed or blow my nose since!!! I can sleep at night instead of waking up every hour because my nose was congested. It really does a great job of cleaning the pollen and dander in the air
Hamilton Beach 04383 True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner
- Allergen-reducing air cleaner for large-size rooms up to 160 square feet
- Permanent HEPA-grade filter removes airborne allergens
- Filter can be vacuumed clean; no replacement filters to buy
- 3 ultra-quiet speed settings; tower design; simple control knob
- Measures 8-1/2 by 6 by 13-1/2 inches
I got this in the midst of the ragweed season and have it on most of the time. It definitely helps banish the allergens since I am allergic to ragweed, mold and dust, among other things. It is super quiet on the low "Whisperclean" setting and simply soft quiet white noise on higher settings. There's even a "Quickclean" setting for more severe times: and this is the high speed. There is no ionizer, but I have no problem in not having one. The best part is that one does not need to buy filters. Just vacuum the permanent filter every 3-6 months. It can be set upright as a tower as well as horizontally and it has four adhesive feet with soft material on the outside that can be put on the unit for the horizontal position so it won't scratch furniture. There is a base for the "tower" position that can be easily removed if you place it horizontally. Very ergonomic and an excellent investment. They were really thinking when they designed this.
Electrolux Oxygen Ultra Air Cleaner, EL500AZ
- Whisper-quiet air cleaner perfectly suited to home and office use
- Sensor detects odor and adjusts fan speed to clear the air
- Costs just pennies a day to operate in auto mode
- Very low decibel rating
- Includes 1 HEPA filter, 4 carbon filters, 5-year warranty, and remote control
Have to Say This is a nice unit.As others have said unit is pretty quiet even at the higher speeds.Have had none of the chirping sounds that i have read on some other reviews.I find that the air in the room where the unit is located has such a crisp clean feeling to it.I usually leave the unit on Speed 3 during the day and speed 2 during night time TV watching.Dust level in the room has improved quite a bit and you will notice no flying dust particles in the room.unit has a cool old fashion radiator look to it that i like.Unit does have Very bright Blue Lights that can only be dimmed in quiet mode only.But alot of my home theatre has same blue lights so no problem for me.All in all just ordered a second one of these for another room so get one you will love it
T300 Air Purifier w/ Multi-Stage Filtration
- Cleans the air of dust, pet dander, mold spores and pollen
- Covers up to 500 square feet, removing 94% of particles 0.3 microns and greater
- Helps maintain a clean household by reducing dust
- Provides pure, breathable air by capturing VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from cleaning products, personal care items and other household materials
- Versatile filter options address bacteria, heavy odor and smoke concerns
I live in an apartment that has not been properly cleaned in a long time, plus I'm sure in contains a lot of mold from times when water pipes burst and flooded the place. Recently, whenever i spent a whole day in doors I began to experience physical discomfort: Flushing and redness in the face, an over all feeling of being hot, and also some difficulty in Breathing. Impulsively I ordered an Alen T300 through Amazon never believing that it would actually cure all my environmental problems. But it did! I was amazed. the unit runs very quietly. At the two lowest setting you hardly notice that it is on. My physical discomfort disappeared almost immediately and I would never again live anywhere without one of these units. It's fairly expensive, as are the filter replacements, but I feel that I am really getting my money's worth. I highly recommend this product and no, I am not connected to the company in any way whatsoever.